HTML templates for reports and workflows

For our use case we require printing reports on preformatted and printed paper, it would be really convenient if we could generate a report that had all the content in exactly the right place (i’m talking sub 0.1mm) precision. This is simply not doable with a google doc template if it is first converted to HTML and then to PDF. We currently solve this by using our own HTML Template with some CSS and wkhtmltopdf that puts everything in the right place for printing. It would be very useful for us if I could point appsheet to a .html template file on Google Drive and have the google docs to html conversion step skipped and instead directly generate the html for wkhtmltopdf from the template.

Kind regards,

Jan

Status Open
13 5 1,151
5 Comments
gdutoit

Please please please !!!
google and word docs are simply inadequate for this job and you are already using wkhtmltopdf . . .

mcorrigan

Could really use this as well! Currently, we’re hacking together App Scripts in order to get the data into a nicely styled document…

Nikita_K

Yes, please!

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

Please anyone on AppSheet’s team, give us some light around this.
I’ve been struggling a lot to make a decent HTML email template as well as attachment template and after all of that I’m not 100% happy with the results.
Also, has anyone found a good website to make a HTML template?
I just have so many ideas for reports but feeling like I can’t make them a reallity

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager