HYPERLINK() always launches external?

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for new user question but couldn’t find a solution in the forum or youtube. I’d like to launch a website within Appsheet but for some reason it keeps launching a new tab. I’m using Google in my example (see attached image) but what I’m really trying to use is a Calendly link where users can schedule an appointment.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? If you look at the image, you’ll see I did not check the launch external button.

Thanks in advance!
Sy

Solved Solved
0 2 354
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply @Steve Actually there wasn’t a problem at all. It was because I was viewing it in Google Chrome on my laptop vs testing it on an actual iPhone. I figured out that on mobile, the site does open within the app thanks to @Kirk_Masden helpful post here: Link to an external web site Thanks Kirk!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I don’t think this is a problem with HYPERLINK() specifically. I seem to recall there might be a bug with launching URLs, with the Launch External option.

I found this possible solution by searching the community:

Thanks for your reply @Steve Actually there wasn’t a problem at all. It was because I was viewing it in Google Chrome on my laptop vs testing it on an actual iPhone. I figured out that on mobile, the site does open within the app thanks to @Kirk_Masden helpful post here: Link to an external web site Thanks Kirk!

Top Labels in this Space