Hyperlink images

BlakeHammond
Participant IV

I want to create a custom launcher but instead of linking to other apps I want to launch into a view.

So when I click a photo of cars I want to go to a form for car models

If I click a photo of a motorbike I want to go to a form for bike models.

Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

Thanks

Blake

0 4 424
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @BlakeHammond,

Welcome to AppSheet community.

Could you please take a look at the following sample app?

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Example-of-how-to-make-a-gallery-view-of-clickable-icons?appGuidStr...

Hi Blake! Welcome to the forum!

You can make a link to another part of your app. One way to do that is with an โ€œactionโ€ that uses a LINKTOVIEW() expression. However, I donโ€™t think that it is possible at this point to have an image function as a link to another part of your app.

I was right about the need to use an action and LINKTOVIEW but I wasnโ€™t aware of how gallery view could be used in this way. Very cool!

Generally speaking, however, AppSheet works a bit differently from HTML. Itโ€™s not always possible to just put a link on text or an image in the way that one can on a web page. Still, if you get used to how AppSheet works, you can figure out how to make it pretty easy for users to navigate through your app.

BlakeHammond
Participant IV

Thank you both for your help. Works perfectly Thank you very much. @Suvrutt_Gurjar @Kirk_Masden

@Kirk_Masden I had seen it used on the sample app @Suvrutt_Gurjar linked but I couldnโ€™t remember what it was called. Makes the UI a bit more fun and engaging.

Blake

Top Labels in this Space