Hyperlink images

I want to create a custom launcher but instead of linking to other apps I want to launch into a view.

So when I click a photo of cars I want to go to a form for car models

If I click a photo of a motorbike I want to go to a form for bike models.

Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

Thanks

Blake

Hi @BlakeHammond,

Welcome to AppSheet community.

Could you please take a look at the following sample app?

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Example-of-how-to-make-a-gallery-view-of-clickable-icons?appGuidString=e7fb737c-2d1c-4769-9d5a-d0f7743317db

3 Likes

Hi Blake! Welcome to the forum!

You can make a link to another part of your app. One way to do that is with an “action” that uses a LINKTOVIEW() expression. However, I don’t think that it is possible at this point to have an image function as a link to another part of your app.

I was right about the need to use an action and LINKTOVIEW but I wasn’t aware of how gallery view could be used in this way. Very cool!

Generally speaking, however, AppSheet works a bit differently from HTML. It’s not always possible to just put a link on text or an image in the way that one can on a web page. Still, if you get used to how AppSheet works, you can figure out how to make it pretty easy for users to navigate through your app.

2 Likes

Thank you both for your help. Works perfectly Thank you very much. @Suvrutt_Gurjar @Kirk_Masden

@Kirk_Masden I had seen it used on the sample app @Suvrutt_Gurjar linked but I couldn’t remember what it was called. Makes the UI a bit more fun and engaging.

Blake

2 Likes