I am 99% sure I want to split my registry tab...

I am 99% sure I want to split my registry table into 2 tables with the only differences being the app status (pending vs complete) and assigned evacuation center (pending has no assignment).

Reason is our hurricane Irma exp and having 800+ people hit our system last minโ€ฆa flood of pending could cause us to hit our sheet limit.

So my question is can I create a search view that would locate a personโ€™s name in either table? Can the magnifying search be edited to do this or would I hide that and have a totally separate search view? But could this work the sameโ€ฆie search either first or last and not require exact match?

Also can appsheet prevent duplicate entries (based on name, dob, or phone combi) or would I need to do this in my source table application?

0 4 294
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

@Tammi_Canelli No, thereโ€™s no have two tables show up in a single view in the same app. What sheet limit are you referring to? Hereโ€™s info on the limits on data size in AppSheet: help.appsheet.com - Limits on Data Size

The easiest way to prevent a duplicate value is to make the valueโ€™s column the primary key of your table. Since every row must have a distinct key, AppSheet will automatically prevent you from adding duplicate values.

If you canโ€™t get the behavior you want using that trick, then you can use valid_if column constraints to prevent duplicate values. See this example app: https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Only-allow-values-that-havent-been-chosen-in-dropdown?appGuidString... Limits on Data Size help.appsheet.com

I donโ€™t need both table values to show in one list.

So thereโ€™s no way using lookup or select to write an expression that would search a name in both tables and then just return the value from the one table?

tony1

@Tammi_Canelli Oh, I misunderstood. If you want to have a dropdown of values from either table, you could put a formula like this in the valid_if rule of the column:

Table1[Name] + Table2[Name]

That wonโ€™t tell you which table the name comes from, though. You may have to write more complicated formulas to do that, which would depend on the details of what youโ€™re trying to accomplish.

ok thank you.

I will play around with this.

Iโ€™m just envisioning a simple form view to mimic search fields, enter name, value gets returned and then user is able to access and edit the record - they wouldnโ€™t even need to know what table is being referenced.

If that works it would solve ALL my problems!

Top Labels in this Space