I am an App Sheet newbie and not an app devel...

T_M

I am an App Sheet newbie and not an app developer by any stretch of the imagination. I am trying to use App Sheet to create an app that I think would be fairly simple. I want to create an app for a list of activities. I want to show the list and then have a + button (if possible) next to each activity. Each activity is worth between 1-10 points. I would like to make the app so a user can click on one or more activities and then the total value for those activities would add up for a daily totaly. For example, if the user clicks on the + sign for 3 activities and each activity equals 1 point, then the total for the day would be 3 points. Can anyone provide some insight into how I would create this app?

0 1 316
1 REPLY 1

@praveen oddly, these types of seemingly simple things become difficult. The recurring automatic nature is difficult. So, to do this well, letโ€™s pin down what needs to occur. First, a user needs to have a profile, and the app must have a list of tasks as a template. Then automatically every day those activities get duplicated so that the user can interact with their new list of daily activities.

We donโ€™t currently have the ability to add records in bulk system generated. So you have a few options.

1. Each task can be a column in a form, and every day the user starts a new record, and basically continually updates that form throughout the day. (You can even probably get pretty slick with a gallery view and icons tied to data actions. And if there is no current record for the day it shows a button to create oneโ€ฆ)

2. You could have a ton of those records already in the system just waiting to be โ€œassignedโ€ to people. Which sounds a little nutsโ€ฆ

3. Or we have to flip our thinking and say how about the tasks have days and as people complete the tasks, we add their names to a list of people that have completed that task, that day.

Anyone else have any better ideas?

Top Labels in this Space