I am completely stumped by one of the feature...

I am completely stumped by one of the features of your Webinar Sample app. Under the Pending Question_Details and Moderate Details views one is able to vote using the Thumbs Up button which triggers and action that updates a column in the main Questions table. In this view, there is no pencil button to edit or add another record. How is this possible, given that the underlying slices and tables for these views allow updates and adds? I would like to replicate this voting feature in my app without having the pencil button to add/update the record appear in the detail view, but at the same time, allowing the underlying table to be modified. Thanks

0 5 316
5 REPLIES 5

In the Behavior -> Actions menu, click on system actions. Youโ€™ll see that the edit button is really just a system action. So you can control it just like any other action (and choose not to show it as well).

Have you checked the system view actions? Are they hidden or is the condition false?

@praveen Thanks, that was it!

Cool, now does anyone know how to keep users from abusing the thumbs up by not allowing them to vote on an item more than once during a session?

If your app needs sign-in, then yes. If itโ€™s a public app, you could use usersettings.

Top Labels in this Space