I am creating an app that will be used by 2 g...

I am creating an app that will be used by 2 groups of users, from separate clients. Each clients needs to see data that is exported from their legacy system. The legacy systems create scheduled csv files automatically to dropbox.

Client 1 has theirs in a folder shared between me and their server. Client 2 a similar folder. This means that neither client can see the others data. How do I structure AppSheet so that it can pick up the relevant CSV based on the current user? All other tables are static exports and have been combined into a single table with a Client Column and filters to segregate the data.

TIA

0 5 345
5 REPLIES 5

@David_Weinberg

I advise to set-up an access privilege table with Group/Company name included and then use a security filter to slice data as per Group & Useremail, use similar expression in Show_if property of UX views and even access properties of the tables.

@Levent_KULACOGLU Sounds like what I have for the shared tables, but how do I tell AppSheet to read a table from Dropbox\Client1\data.csv for some users and Dropbox\Client2\data.csv for others?

@David_Weinberg you have to import both CSV files to your app as a table and then show/hide this table/UX as per that access privilege table I have advised in my prior post. You can even adjust the read/write level for each user for each company

Oh I see. So any reference to Data needs to be Data1 or Data2 depending on the user. So to show a list of related from Data1/2 I would to create 2 relationships and show/hide the relevant one?

@David_Weinberg thatโ€™s correct

Top Labels in this Space