I am getting duplicate workflow emails in one...

I am getting duplicate workflow emails in one of my apps.

It does it when the workflow is set to adds, updates, or both.

Any ideas of what may be causing the issue?

There is only one workflow rule total, and only one action setting the trigger to send it.

0 14 855
14 REPLIES 14

tony1

@Rosemary_Black Iโ€™ve seen this happen when the workflow rule has ccโ€™d an email address like team@example.com, which forwards the email to each team memberโ€™s email address. This ended up duplicating the message. Could that be happening in your scenario?

Iโ€™d recommend taking a look at your workflow audit log and examining what the to: and cc: and bcc: fields are set to.

https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-sending-email/troubleshooting-workflow-emails

No one on the CC or BCC.

The rule only fires once.

Everything looks in order

โ€œRuleNameโ€: โ€œRFI NoteFileโ€,

โ€œEventTypeโ€: โ€œChangeโ€,

โ€œOperationโ€: โ€œChange workflow ruleโ€,

โ€œRuleEvalModeโ€: โ€œProductionโ€,

โ€œTableNameโ€: โ€œLogโ€,

โ€œRuleTableNameโ€: โ€œLogโ€,

โ€œOperationUpdateModeโ€: โ€œUPDATES_ONLYโ€,

โ€œEventMatchโ€: โ€œWorkflow event successfully matchedโ€,

โ€œConditionโ€: โ€œ=[RFI Status Email]=trueโ€,

โ€œMatchesConditionโ€: โ€œTrueโ€,

โ€œActionsโ€: โ€œCreated 1 Actionsโ€,

@tony

You know whatโ€™s strange, I have 2 apps that show that same app name of NewApp-592721.

They share the same app folder too.

I imagine this is part of the problem.

@Rosemary_Black

I looked at โ€œNewApp-592721โ€ with the App Id of โ€œ109ca9bf-382b-4f31-a09e-0e08335a0c4bโ€.

I checked the Audit History and see that the workflow rule โ€œRFI NoteFileโ€ was invoked at 10/2/2018 10:40:24 AM as the result of an Edit to the โ€œLogโ€ record with key โ€œ10/01/2018 23:50:52: 63โ€ at 10/2/2018 10:40:14 AM.

If you are seeing unexpected workflow emails, can you tell me the exact date and time of those records in Audit History?

By far the best way to diagnose unexpected workflow results is to use the Audit History. The first step in doing that is to locate the exact record or records in Audit History for the workflow rule.

tony1

@Rosemary_Black Can you give me the name of the app, the name of the workflow email, and a timestamp from the audit log of a workflow rule that generated duplicate emails.

NewApp-59272 10/2/2018 11:52:20 AM It actually does fire a few seconds before this, but thatโ€™s before the conditions are met, I think it is sending an email then anyway.

idk.

thank you for your help!

That may not be the right timestamp, I am trying ti figure that out.

Working with a few time zones so want to make sure I am looking at the right thing.

tony1

@Rosemary_Black Iโ€™m guessing you meant NewApp-592721?

I donโ€™t see any workflow rules in that app, though.

found it,

10/2/2018 10:40:24 AM is the UTC timestamp

NewApp-592721 - There is a workflow email

tony1

@Rosemary_Black Iโ€™m not seeing any workflow in your app definition. Can you copy/paste the URL to the page thatโ€™s showing the workflow rule definition?

@tony appsheet.com - Sample mobile apps for common scenarios Sample mobile apps for common scenarios appsheet.com

I am having the same issue with a workflow that was previously working just fine.

Several others have reported similar problems. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space