I am having trouble getting the app to perfor...

I am having trouble getting the app to perform anything other than very basic tasks. I have attached the excel file that I am working with, the Calculator tab is where the data will be input, with the Depth value being the output. Could someone please review and tell me if this is indeed possible with this software? Thanks,

0 25 808
25 REPLIES 25

Your file is probably not shared.

it says shared publicly?

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Dan_Buckingham

Do you have macros in your excel sheet?

But of course you need to redesign your spreadsheet first. It wonโ€™t work with your sample sheet if itโ€™s like that.

Yes the excel contains macros, but only very basic scripts for the reset function. I don;t understand why Appsheet cannot input data into a cell, then report out the result of another cell?

You can do that with the app, but your table structure is just not correct at this moment for that functionality. Please check this article for startโ€ฆ help.appsheet.com - Columns: The Essentials Columns: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

But I didnโ€™t think I was looking for the app to read a table? I have the calculations already in the excel worksheet, is the idea to recreate this in Appsheet? I thought I am only linking fields in the app with specific cells in the worksheet?

If you need to have the result(s) at the same time when you are filling your form, you need to do the calculation directly in the app. If thatโ€™s not needed, you can make all calculations in your Excel. But still you need to redesign the calculator tab.

I donโ€™t understand what you mean. The idea is to fill out the requirements on the calculation tab, and then have the โ€œDepthโ€ option calculated using the data in the other tabs.

You cantโ€™s see results while you are filling the calculation form because when using sheet formulas you need to save and sync first.

So it cannot calculate in real time? Although disappointing, that shouldnโ€™t really be an issue, but the app builder seems to be trying to recognise tables as opposed to single cellular input fields?

Yes, both are correct. When you save the form, you are sending the data into your spreadsheet, then sheet formulas are calculated and finally it writes the data back to your app. Thatโ€™s why you wonโ€™t see the data at the same time when you are filling the form. If you need that, you should use app formulas instead of sheet formulas.

It says you need a permission.

As I said, that isnโ€™t an issue. The issue I am having is that the app creation page seems to be looking for entire columns of data, as opposed to the single cell inputs needed for the calculation.

Yes you can do that. The reason why you need to redesign your sheetโ€ฆ with the app your cells need to be in a same row, not in the same column. You need to transpose your sheetโ€ฆ like one header row and one data row with formulas.

I transposed my first page into this format, and appsheet recognised some of the fields, but refused to acknowledge the existence of any of the slightly more complex functions. To top it all, it still would not feature the โ€œdepthโ€ field as an output, which is the whole point of this endeavour.

Are you able to share that one as well?

How can I amend that?

Copy the link from the โ€œGet shareable linkโ€

I do not understand

Open your gDrive so you can see the file, then right mouse click will give you that option.

thank you, please see below:

drive.google.com - Trada Span Calculator - 180903.xlsm Trada Span Calculator - 180903.xlsm drive.google.com

Yes this is doable with Appsheet.

Thanks, I shall persevere with it then

Is there not a way to simply have 9 input fields in the app that populates the spreadsheet, and for it to report the final result following that? This would surely be an exceptional simple thing for the software to do, as opposed to recreating some of the calculations in the app, which is what it appears to be pushing towards.

Top Labels in this Space