I am having trouble with a email template tha...

I am having trouble with a email template that I have been using for the last couple of years that suddenly stopped sending the text of an address field and instead sends a google map image of the address.

Is there any way that I can get this to change back? Is there a new setting that I missed somewhere? I have not changed anything on my back end that I know of for the last couple of months and it just switched over a day or so ago and I have not been able to track down the source.

I believe that the problem is somewhere in the appsheet side.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 3 344
3 REPLIES 3

I canโ€™t speak to any changes on the AppSheet side that may have affected your app, but a potential fix is to ensure the type of the column containing the address is Text or LongText, and specifically not Address. Alternatively (and probably preferably), modify your email template to wrap the address with the TEXT() function. For instance, change this:

[Address]

to this:

TEXT([Address])

Yes, there has been a new feature that allows to show address map in workflow; if you want to change that to text you can do that using a format rule like the way you would do to format images size in workflows; in this case if you only need the address in text format choose text in the format rule:

The new behavior is supposed to be:

1. If there is a format rule defined, do what it specifies (static map image of different sizes or just text)

2. if not, then go for the default behavior which is:

2a) for a LatLong column, show a static map

2b) for an Address column, show as text

From this report and a couple of others, it is possible that 2b isnโ€™t working as intended and is showing a map instead of text.

Top Labels in this Space