I am having trouble with the Launch Image. Wh...

I am having trouble with the Launch Image. When I assign an image, it shows in the sync screen but not the launch screen.

Wondering if I am missing something or am not able to do this on a Standard plan?

0 9 669
9 REPLIES 9

Have you tried it with a different device?

Hello, yep, have tested it on multiple PCs and my Android phone.

What is the app name and account ID so I can check the app, if thatโ€™s okay.

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks, that would be great.

Itโ€™s called โ€œSentient Portalโ€ and account ID is 462007

Hi, how big the image file is? I tried to reproduce the same behavior and I saw the same. Soโ€ฆ it needs more to investigate.

Itโ€™s 1920x1080 and 191kb. Not sure if that is the correct size to use, but still weird that the sync screen works perfectly but the launch one notโ€ฆ In my testing Iโ€™ve also realised that in one userโ€™s google phone, a launch screen appears, however itโ€™s one of the standard available images in appsheet, not the one I have assigned. On everyone elseโ€™s phone (android, windows and apple) no launch screen appears at all. :S Thanks for looking into it!

What I have understood is thisโ€ฆ thatโ€™s because on initial launch, we donโ€™t have the app definition yet โ€” it has to be fetched. On subsequent launches, there is a local cached copy, so we know what the lauch image should be

Righto, so if I understand correctly, I will not be able to use the launch screen image feature as yet?

I guess so you can understand my goal, if you saw the original image I used, my aim is to tell everyone using a standard account to remember to sync on launch. So having the launch image properly customisable would be awesomeโ€ฆ

You could create an additional hello page (detail view) where you could tell the sameโ€ฆ you could even say when they did the last sync. Of course it would need one click more when they open the app, but I believe the sync is more important, correct?

Top Labels in this Space