I am thinking on a small app, to be able to v...

Alper
Participant IV

I am thinking on a small app, to be able to view/add/remove/extend subscriptions of users to main app. But, doing this from mobile phone contains some risks (stolen devices etcโ€ฆ) Such apps may benefit from a sort of password protection which will ask a 5-6 digits password at every run, to protect the contents. What do you think?

0 7 376
7 REPLIES 7

@Alper May I ask how do you intend to do it? Or is this just a feature request? To the best of my knowledge, we cannot view, add or remove app users outside from the AppSheet Editor, not itโ€™s possible via AppSheet API. That said, it might be a good idea having the flexibility of managing app users via AppSheet API though

Alper
Participant IV

@Levent_KULACOGLU Hi, this is a feature request in fact, but not the way you describe above (my fault, didnโ€™t explain it enough). I am not targeting the actual Appsheet subscriptions, my intention was the users who will use the service I created using my Appsheet app. So this takes place after creating regular appsheet subscription.

@Alper I can advise a workaround; Construct a single table with only 1 column and 2 rows including the header. In 2nd row generate a very long text string containing numbers only. Assuming that the extra security level is a 4 digit pin, the length of your string will be (4 * number of active users). You should create these pins and give to your users. Than you can set a UserSettings (named PIN) and make it the initial view. You can easily set an expression like:

CONTAINS(NewTableName[LongStringColumnHeader], TEXT(USERSETTINGS(โ€œPINโ€)))

in the Show_if property of each one of your app views. So if the PIN entered is not correct, the user wonโ€™t be able to see any view/app data.

@Alper

Actually the long string will look like this for 20 users:

โ€œ98686980190992573518463313212368249922949762553362231887459542169901806399616770โ€

For example; if any userโ€™s PIN is set as 3518, CONTAINS expression will return a TRUE value and therefore show all the UX views and the app data.

Alper
Participant IV

@Levent_KULACOGLU Very good idea, thanks Levent! This can be done with multiple rows/security filter combo also, as far as I understand. In this point, I am wondering if data kept in phone/tablet etc is encryptedโ€ฆ Didnโ€™t read anything about itโ€ฆ

Alper
Participant IV

Correction: Encryption was there already, just saw it. blog.appsheet.com - Feature Friday: Performance, Security, and a New Feature Request App Feature Friday: Performance, Security, and a New Feature Request App blog.appsheet.com

@Alper glad to be helped ofโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space