I am trying to change(Substitute) a value to be shown

Tiger1
Participant V

I am trying to change the value to be seen to my user when a certain value is given.

When “+” shows up in my raw data I want “Positive” to be shown in my app. I cannot seem to make this happen. Here is my current expression:

SUBSTITUTE([Antigen], “+”, “Positive”)

The error it gives:
The filter condition ‘=SUBSTITUTE([Antigen], “+”, “Positive”)’ of format rule ‘Positive Color Code’ must return true or false.

Solved Solved
0 11 510
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sure, you can also use this formula.

IF([Antigen] = “+”, “Positive”, “Negative”)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

JuneCorpuz
Participant V

What property are you applying this formula?

Property? Where is that? I was doing this in “Format Rules”? Is that what you are asking?

Yes, I’m referring to the property of the column but it seems that you are applying the formula into a format rule. I think you can use the SUBSTITUTE in the column properties because you are changing a data.

What you can do here in format rules is to change the formula into [Antigen] = “Positive”, and you will add an icon, select a color, change the property of the font such as bold, italic, strikethrough, etc.

Here is my problem. My raw data looks like this:

3X_a_f_afffcd318dc2bae8a428a68150790ffcc662b91a.png

I am trying to change those “+” and “-” so that we can read it better in the app.

Does that make more sense?

So i cannot put:
[Antigen] = “Positive”

Because it never does in my raw data.

Then just create a virtual column and apply this formula SUBSTITUTE([Antigen], “+”, “Positive”) because you are trying to change the data. You cannot change the data in format rule.

PERFECT!

Thank you so much!

Last question - can it also say “Negative” if the “-” comes up?

Haven’t used substitute formula, but you can try this one.
OR(SUBSTITUTE([Antigen], “+”, “Positive”),SUBSTITUTE([Antigen], “-”, “Negative”))

Thanks that didn’t quite work so i changed it to this -

IF([Antigen] = “+”,
SUBSTITUTE([Antigen], “+”, “Positive”), “Negative”)

And it worked!

Thanks again so much

Sure, you can also use this formula.

IF([Antigen] = “+”, “Positive”, “Negative”)

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space