I am trying to create a workflow attachment u...

I am trying to create a workflow attachment using a template in Google docs that includes columns. For some reason, the workflow ignores the columns and instead prints everything in one long column. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

0 14 312
14 REPLIES 14

Are you able to take a printscreen from your template so it would be easier to find the reason?

Letโ€™s say you have 8 bunks and 20 names (average) in bunk. Is that true?

Yes, just about

If you add four sub-tables (one column only) inside one main table (four columns) and you filter the data with the SELECT expression column by column, you are be able to do that.

I will try that! Thanks!

@Zecharya_Michelsohn1

If you are trying to format the attachment in horizontal columns, you need to use a Table template as described in topic โ€œCustomer Template in Table Formatโ€ in this article help.appsheet.com - Email Templates

If you are trying to do something else, can you show us an example of how you want the output to appear? Email Templates help.appsheet.com

No I donโ€™t want a table. Itโ€™s a Start expression that I want to print in columns - see the attached sample of what I want the output to show.

Thanks

@Zecharya_Michelsohn1

Our workflow templates do not support formatting your data in multiple columns like that.

The closest we can come is formatting the values in a single column.

You may need to find another tool if a multi-column format is essential.

Sorry about that.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

hmm. Thanks for responding. I was afraid that would be the answer.

Iโ€™m definitely not interested in finding another tool though! AppSheet can do anything!

How many records you will have?

It should all fit easily on one page. About 80 names total, in 7-8 bunks.

Is the names in one bunk fixed?

The names of the campers need to pull from the live data. The names of the actual bunks can perhaps be fixed, if needed. How does that help?

Top Labels in this Space