I am using a workflow to notify me if a recor...

I am using a workflow to notify me if a record includes the use of PayPal to pay for services rendered.

I get two exact emails every time this is triggered.

I am going to play with this, but I think it happens the first time a record is entered and “Automatic Updates” and again when the player first selects sync.

I am going to play with it and turn automatic sync off to see if this is the issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

0 11 384
11 REPLIES 11

@Jerry_Power Automatic Updates shouldn’t cause your workflow to be triggered twice. Is it possible you have multiple similar workflows? A good place yo start investigating would be your audit log

(In the app editor: Mange -> Monitor -> Audit history -> get Audit history records) where you can see exactly which workflow was triggered at what time.

@Jerry_Power

I suggest looking at the Audit History as described here help.appsheet.com - Troubleshooting Workflow Emails

It will show you exactly what updates are happening and what is triggering each workflow message.

Whenever you have a workflow question, the Audit History is likely to be the first place to turn. Troubleshooting Workflow Emails help.appsheet.com

@Jerry_Power

Glad you got it working.

Yes, the Audit Logs are the primary tool I used to diagnose workflow problems. I always recommend starting there.

I only have a single workflow and am looking at the audit logs now.

I have figured out what is happening.

I enter a starting record that triggers the workflow.

Anytime I then modify that record it triggers the workflow again.

I figured it out.

I had it set to UPDATES ONLY, but apparently it is counting an add as an update.

I don’t want to change it to ADD ONLY in case an error on data entry occurs.

All records will have at least one update and possibly more.

@Jerry_Power If the workflow is set to trigger on UPDATES ONLY it shouldn’t email you on an add. Keep in mind that editor changes made to workflows may take a few minutes to take effect.

@Jerry_Power

Your Update rule should never fire on an Add. I suspect that there must be some other explanation.

If you cannot figure it out, I can take a look at the audit history if you provide: 1. Your account id 2. The app name 3. The workflow rule name

I changed it to ADD ONLY and changed back to UPDATES ONLY and it has quit exhibiting the behavior.

I can still share the audit log if you want to take a look, but it is no longer sending an email on an add.

@Jerry_Power

Thanks Jerry. My goal in replying was to ensure that the workflow rule was only being trigger for the proper action.

Are you still having a problem or is the workflow doing what you want?

It is now acting correctly.

Thank you for the assistance.

I appreciate the tip on Audit logs.

Top Labels in this Space