I am working with an email template in Google...

I am working with an email template in Google Docs and having a problem with the Start Expression etc.

When the Start and End expressions are on the same row in the table, it works, but when I put the End at the end of the table it doesnโ€™t.

I attach images to show you.

Any ideas? Does the <> have to be on the same row as the <Start:>?

First one worksโ€ฆsecond doesnโ€™t.

0 6 333
6 REPLIES 6

Harry2
Participant V

Hi @Green_Gorilla, to help us investigate this problem, please give us the names of the app and the affected workflow rule.

Adding @Philip_Garrett_Appsh

@Harry

The app is not just in my name, itโ€™s someone elseโ€™s that I am added as co-authorโ€ฆis that ok?

Can I send details privately instead of on here?

Actually, Itโ€™s okโ€ฆI thiknk I have found a way to represent the data that works for meโ€ฆ

I put he Start Expression outside the table, and the END after the table, and it is working fineโ€ฆ

Thanks

Craig AKA GG

Right. Actually this is by design. If you put the Start and the End in the same table row, it tells AppSheet to stamp out table rows repeatedly. However, if you put them across table rows, then AppSheet doesnโ€™t have a sensible pattern to repeat.

@praveen

That makes sense, however,

if I want to print out, say, 20 pieces of information, for one job, and then the next 20 for a different job etc., and I want them in a landscape oriented table, I am going to have more than one row otherwise the text gets unreadable.

If I want a landscape table, split across 2 or 3 rows, I canโ€™t do that.

Agreed. You can have a separate table for each and split the column values across rows in that table. For that, use the <> and <> outside the table.

Or you can have a table row per data row.

The hybrid options wonโ€™t work, but they are rare.

Top Labels in this Space