I cannot use INTERSECT() between 2 columns of Lists

Please Help!
Hello, I am really a newbie and have a near-zero knowledge of programming language.

In each row, I have 2 columns, the first one contain a list (texts separated by comma), generated by ENUMLIST, and the another one contain a list (texts separated by comma), generated by expression โ€œLIST(LOOKUP(โ€œAโ€, โ€œBBโ€, โ€œAAโ€, โ€œBโ€))โ€.
I want to use intersect() to return the values that common in these 2 list.
But How many time Iโ€™ve tried, it return blanK.

I really have no idea what to do.
Thank you.

0 5 651
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

LOOKUP() will only ever return a singular value, so LIST(LOOKUP(...)) will only ever create a list of one item. Is that your expectation/intention? Is yes, it seems to me youโ€™re trying to see if the value returned by LOOKUP() occurs in the EnumList of the first column. If so, you might find IN() easier to use.

Otherwise, please post a screenshot of the entire INTERSECT() expression you tried.

See also:

Thank you very much.

LOOKUP() returns a value from the cell that contain texts like <item1, item2, item3,โ€ฆ>,
so I think that I would list them and use intersect to find the common items.
But I was wrong, it returned nothing.

I really want to post my screenshot, but my table name and content are all in Thai Language. I thick it may cause confusion.

Iโ€™m pretty sure LOOKUP will only return that as a string of TEXT, but easy solution: SPLIT(LOOKUP(...), " , ")

SPLIT will return a actual LIST for you to work with.

For reference:

You MADE my Day!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you

It is because of Language barrier, so I cannot explain what I really mean.
However, what Iโ€™ve learned today is โ€œSPLIT will return a actual LIST for you to work with.โ€
Thank you again!!!

Top Labels in this Space