I created an App for recording student attend...

I created an App for recording student attendance information using barcodes. Each student will be having a card with a barcode and by scanning that card for a particular lesson, they are reckoned as having attended a lesson.

During the scanning process, Each barcode is scanned and I manually save the record before scanning the next barcode (for the next student).

Is they a way I can scan all barcode consecutively and save all new entries (scans) at onceโ€ฆwithout having to save for each record?

0 7 410
7 REPLIES 7

If you set the Sync options โ€œDelayed syncโ€ and โ€œAutomatic updatesโ€ to ON and the โ€œAuto Re-Openโ€ to ON as well, it will open a blank form automatically and you donโ€™t need to wait the save process.

Thank you Aleksi, I really appreciate. Where do I find the Sync options you have mentioned in the AppSheet environment?

Behavior > Offline/Sync

Thank you. I saw the first two (in Behavior > Offline/Sync)

but cannot see where I turn the โ€œAuto Re-Openโ€ function? Where do I find it?

You will find it from the form view

Ok, I found it. I managed to make the changes but I seem to get the same behaviourโ€ฆI need to click the save button before I can scan the next record. Kindly confirm if I put the right buttons on DELAYED SYNC ----ON AUTOMATIC UPDATES-----ON AUTO RE-OPEN----ON

Thatโ€™s what I activated and still get the same results.

Set the option โ€œAuto saveโ€ to ON as well.

Top Labels in this Space