I got to tell you, I am sick of "support" ser...

I got to tell you, I am sick of “support” services that are nothing but a bunch of people talking in a forum. That said, I’m having some problems deploying my app and I guess I’m supposed to sort around in here to find out why instead of calling and finding out from the people who charged my card what is going on. I sent the invite to the App to my husband. It says on my side that it he has accepted the invitation however when I go down to his computer, it says that there is an error. He is trying to open it in his browser. Any ideas?

0 8 386
8 REPLIES 8

@Martha_Rhodes

Can you tell us what error is displayed?

I see one thing about your app that is surprising. Table “MoCo, WV” on the Data > Tables pane has the “Access Mode” set to “as app user”. In the vast majority of cases, this should be set to “as app creator”.

When you specify “as app user”, the user must be granted access to the underlying worksheet. Normally you should not do that.

See https://help.appsheet.com/security/cloud-storage-access-control/access-mode-as-app-creator-or-app-us...

Thank you, I will change that but here is the error: The MoCo,WV-587025 app did not load successfully. Please contact the app creator. Unable to fetch app definition: Error: Data table ‘MoCo, WV’ is not accessible due to: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError The caller does not have permission [403] Errors [ Message[The caller does not have permission] Location[ - ] Reason[forbidden] Domain[global] ] .

@Martha_Rhodes

That is exactly the error you will see when “Access Mode” is set to “as app user” and that user (your husband) has not been granted access to the worksheet.

You can either: 1. Set “Access Mode” to “as app creator” 2. Go to the worksheet and grant him access to it.

Doing 1 is almost always the better choice.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That must’ve been it! I changed the setting and it loaded.

@Martha_Rhodes

Glad it is working for you.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh the ever vigilant!

Hi Martha, I can feel your frustration in your original post.

I am an AppSheet developer and like many of the experienced AppSheet users in this community we all started with small apps and taught ourselves to use AppSheet or solicited help from others in the community.

We actually try to give our fellow users solutions or point them in the direction to help themselves.

I think you will find that the license fee charged to your card is for monthly hosting your apps as opposed to support services.

If we find that you are experiencing a true bug or system problem, the AppSheet framework team – even the owner – gets on the user community to address the issue.

I really hope you stick with AppSheet.

It is a learning curve if you have never programmed before but it is worth it.

Best wishes.

Thank you. Most of the time when I use these kind of services it’s just a waste of time. Glad to see answers. Thanks again.

Top Labels in this Space