I have a column on my input that is a simple ...

I have a column on my input that is a simple dropdown with 8 choices. I have the column marked as not searchable, but when I bring up the form to enter a new record and select the drop down, it shows the search field. And this creates an issue on the iphone because then it also pops up the keyboard, which covers part of the drop down.

Iโ€™ve also set AllowOtherValues to false but I canโ€™t get the search to go away. What am I missing?

0 15 901
15 REPLIES 15

what happens if you set the column to Searchable?

@Mary_Jane_Pender - The same thing as when itโ€™s non-searchable. It was originally searchable and I set it to non-searchable to get rid of the search behavior, but it doesnโ€™t seem to make any difference. Iโ€™m actually wondering if this is a bug with enum fields with multi-selection (like buttons or a drop down)

thanks Steve.

Could you tell me why this is the case.

mj

The search functionality popups when you have more options to choose than fits to your deviceโ€™s screen. Iโ€™m afraid we donโ€™t have option for that as Steve wrote.

Thanks Aleksi for the explanation.

i apologize that I didnโ€™t test on the iPhone sooner. I thought that the presence of the search box (present on all platforms, regardless of setting) meant I would get the keyboard on the iPhone. However, setting searchable to false gets rid of the keyboard on the iPhone.

All options fit on the iPhone screen as well, so the search bar seems to always be present, no matter the device screen size. The below shot is on android, but looks identical to iphone, with the entire dialog being within the screen parameters. I never got the popup keyboard on android, but did with iPhone with searchable set to yes.

So if the search is related to screen size, why am I seeing the search box? Does nobody else get one with a dropdown like this?

I checked the feature and it seems that it has changed. Earlier it was doing that but now it shows all the time. I havenโ€™t realized that it has changed. My mistake.

Iโ€™m sorry Don, I have never been conscious of the Search functionality being a problem.

Does this problem show up when you are in the Appsheet editor?

I think we are having a semantics issue โ€ฆ when you say a search field โ€” are you referring to the drop down list?

If so and your list of 8 options is in a column that is an Enum column then the only thing I can think of is to make sure that you have โ€œAllowOtherValuesโ€ set to False.

Then the app is not thinking that this is a keyboard entry field.

โ€ฆ and of course you have it set to that already.

I am not an IOS phone user so letโ€™s see if we can ask ALEKSI to give us an idea.

FWIW, I see the search field on every platform. When I select the dropdown, it pops up another window with the search box on the top. Itโ€™s less of a nuisance on other platforms, but on IOS it automatically pops up the keyboard too.

Could you please do a screen shot of this problem โ€” do it in your Appsheet editor. I think we all would need to see this.

Attach the screen shot to your next reply.

Thanks.

Mary Jane

โ€ฆ sorry โ€ฆ not in your Appsheet editor.

please do it on your phone and do a screen shot.

@Don_Caruana This behavior cannot be changed.

Top Labels in this Space