I have a dashboard holding 4 identical charts...

I have a dashboard holding 4 identical charts (except for the Y col variable) - but only the first chart desirably displays the underlying point value when tapped once. Also, when tapping a point two times, each chart reacts differently - the first chart does nothing (additional taps will display a detail view), others either do nothing or go to the detail view. This occurs both on my development laptop as well as a 6S iPhone (version 12.0 OS). My question is: what is controlling such behavior that will allow me to produce consistency, or is this a bug? Thanks very much.

0 11 322
11 REPLIES 11

tony1

@Robert_Lerner Do you have โ€œinteractive modeโ€ turned on in your dashboard? If so, try turning it off.

@tony Thanks very much Tony, but unfortunately interactive mode turned on or off doesnโ€™t change anything for me on this issue.

@tony Thanks very much Tony.

tony1

@Robert_Lerner Can you give me the name of the app and the name of the view where this is happening? I can try to reproduce it on my end.

I really appreciate the help Tony. The app is called โ€œCrimesโ€, and the view is โ€œChartsโ€. Should I hold off working on the app as I had planned until you are

finished with it?

tony1

@Robert_Lerner Please get the app to a state where the problem reliably happens and then hold off on further edits. Right now when I view your app, there is no data available in any of those chart views.

@tony Tony-sorry, I forgot to mention that you need to first

select some cities in user settings for the charts to populate.

tony1

@Robert_Lerner I selected the first two cities in the list. I was able to click through each bar chart to the correct detail view. Can you give me the precise steps to recreate the issue?

@tony Tony-I think I wasnโ€™t clear. Itโ€™s not getting to the detail view that was most concerning, it was getting the pop-up point values when a bar was clicked.

Tony-Iโ€™m sorry: Iโ€™ve got to get back to work on the app. Please let me know ASAP when I can do so. If you still need access to it in a way that precludes my editing, please let me know in advance and I will stay off of it. Thank you.

tony1

@Robert_Lerner Thatโ€™s fine, go for it. Iโ€™ll just look at that particular version.

Top Labels in this Space