I have a formula (or script, really) in my sp...

I have a formula (or script, really) in my spreadsheet that checks the time a file (accessible from the app) was last updated, and enters it in DateTime format. However, if there is no such file, it returns FALSE.

I would like to hide all the files that have FALSE in the [Last updated] column, and set up a formatting rule, to colour the row red, so I can easily see which documents Iโ€™m missing.

However, I cant seem to make any evaluation, neither in formatting or in show-if-rules, on weather a values is a valid DateTime or notโ€ฆ

Any help?

0 4 296
4 REPLIES 4

Hrmmm maybe have the script enter in a specific date time in the past, and evaluate on thatโ€ฆ

Are you able to change the FALSE to blank? Then you could set the format rule as ISBLANK([Last updated]).

Long story short, all the column data needs to be contiguous with the column type.

Mixing data types within the column is a bad idea. Both @Aleksi_Alkioโ€™s idea of using a blank value instead of FALSE, or @Grant_Steadโ€™s idea of choosing one specific date instead, are good ones.

Top Labels in this Space