I have a LINKTOFORM that calls a series of ac...

I have a LINKTOFORM that calls a series of actions that do some math on ‘saving’.

There is a possible situation where some math on columns results in a situation that places the numerical value outside of the column allowed minimum value thanks o human inputs.

The app throws an exception during these actions as a value would become invalid, and forces a ‘cancel’. This does not stop the row from being created however!

Is there any way to abort the entire row creation process and not create that row?

Thanks

0 3 322
3 REPLIES 3

The only way I can think of is the validation. Are you able to create such a validation rule that saving would not be possible? Or is it too complex?

Perhaps add a Delete action to your action chain, but predicate the Delete on an invalid row (i.e. “delete if invalid”).

@Aleksi_Alkio The math is simple- but human error can cause an issue - and the row is saved before the math is done. I will try that though.

+Steve Coile If validation does not work this is the only other way I could think of. Cheers!

Top Labels in this Space