I have a personal app that I use for goal set...

I have a personal app that I use for goal setting and task management.

In building the app I created a table with data that includes information about roles I might hold.

We’ll call this the “role” table.

One of the columns in the table is the type of role (e.g. anticipated role, current role, previous role).

I also created a slice and views that only displays current and anticipated roles.

I also have another table that includes tasks to be completed.

Again, we’ll call this the “task” table.

One of the columns in the table provides the priority of a task (e.g. high, medium, low).

Again, I was able to create a slice and views that only yield high priority tasks.

Using references, I created an association between these two tables.

What I am trying to do now is create a slice that is a combination of the two slices – only yielding results of “high priority” tasks (from the “task” table) AND tasks associated with “anticipated” or “current” roles (from the “role” table).

Is it possible to do this?

To create a slice that references data from two separate tables?

Many thanks in advance.

0 1 313
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Ben_Sandgren,As you have mentioned ,if you have referenced the two tables, you can explore referencing and dereferencing to get values from one table into another one for coming up with a slice.

In case there is no reference between the role table and task table ,you may wish to

explore the dashboard concept to simultaneously display independently created slices on two tables

of important information you wish tohave.

help.appsheet.com - Dereferences Dereferences help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space