I have a question that pertains to the longte...

I have a question that pertains to the longterm use of my app with the accumulation of rows of data.

I’ve designed an app that captures job details (customer, address, description, etc, etc) and I’ve found after using it for a year I’ve got an excessive amount of rows that I believe might slow down the app.

My question is: how do I design an app so that ‘archived’ jobs are no longer in the ‘active’ jobs table? Is it possible to change a job status and have it disappear from the active table?

I’d like to be able to search and reference archived jobs like normal, but not have to load the table if there are thousands of rows there. Perhaps, a way to make all of last years’ jobs go on a different table than this years’ jobs would also be helpful.

0 5 317
5 REPLIES 5

Have you thought about security filter?

@Aleksi_Alkio Never thought of that actually… it’s not so much a user-based issue, but I wonder - is there a way to use security filters to show only this years’ data, with perhaps an alternate method to access the previous years’ data?

You can filter the data as you wish… the only thing is that you need to use normal columns for that. So… yes you can filter the data with dates.

I’m working on developing something similar. I have tried moving (cut and paste) the completed job information (location, address, pictures showing the completed job, etc…) to a different worksheet and new spreadsheet, but I seem to lose some of the images. I need to have the ability to view past completed jobs for at least a year. Since 1 day can have upwards of 600 jobs that will add up fast. I’m concerned even with a security filter it will be so much information at the start that it will slow down the app.

I have a security filter on now that only shows jobs for that day that have not been completed yet. Even with a different view I don’t seem to be able to view all jobs.

@Jesse_Prud_Homme

The security filter you would want to use would be something like this:

[Column name] >= “01/1/2018” Example- [Date] >= “01/1/2018”

It would depend on your column names what you would reference, but you would have to have some type of date or time stamp column to reference.

Top Labels in this Space