I have a quick question about charts. Is it ...

I have a quick question about charts.

Is it possible to chart or graph based on a SELECT?

I have several tables of data that get input from forms where reporting on the data is only really meaningful when you apply filters, such as date ranges, or object types.

0 4 343
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

@Seth_Berman If you put your SELECT into a virtual column, you can then chart that column like you would any other. Thatโ€™s one way.

Another related technique is to combine slices, chart views, and dashboard views to make a user-configured chart. Hereโ€™s a demo of that approach: https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=91266...

the response times on this forum continues to amaze me.

thanks, this looks helpful, taking a look now.

use the SELECT in VC technique, I would create a new table, say with a single VC that contains the SELECT of the data table, and then chart that?

tony1

@Seth_Berman Yes, thatโ€™s one possibility. Another possibility would be to use the virtual column in an existing table. Yet another possibility would be to use a slice with a row filter condition (I hadnโ€™t mentioned that one in my original response). I donโ€™t fully understand your needs, but that might be the simplest way.

@tony Thanks Tony!

Top Labels in this Space