I have a Ref list for colors. When in the for...

I have a Ref list for colors. When in the form view and the user clicks the drop down a “stick” of that color appears. This is exactly what I want to happen. However when the color is chosen what is reported to my back end database is the Key label for that row and not the actual color written out how it is in the table it references. I need the my back end to say “Red” not “1”, or “Yellow” not “2” etc.

Previously, the fix for this has been to mark the color column as the “Label” in the column attributes tab, but for some reason this isn’t fixing it. Any help?

0 3 489
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

I believe your number field is the key column… or is it the row number? Because of that, it will always write that column’s value into your spreadsheet. If you need to write the color, you should chose it as a key column.

@Aleksi_Alkio any time that I put the color as the key it automatically reverts to the row number being the key. If I change the numbers in the key column to the written color it say’s something along the lines of, “Value ‘Blue’ in field ‘Repair Priority:’ cannot be converted to type ‘Ref’.”

May I ask what is the account ID and app/table name? I can check the reason quickly.

Top Labels in this Space