I have a simple app that collects list items....

I have a simple app that collects list items.

I have to format this list 2 ways for distribution.

1. simple straight text emailed out. (thats easy) 2) HTML formatted text saved to a file or displayed on the screen so that I can copy it and pasted it into the appropriate web page.

I was looking at โ€œExternal: Open a Fileโ€ in the Action thinking that it might work like an Email Template.

Open the file, it prefills with the data selected and displays it ready for copying.

I am not able to find any information on OPen a File or how it worksโ€ฆ

Thoughts?

0 5 528
5 REPLIES 5

#open

Can you use a Show column with a concatenate formula to display the HTML? You can use INDEX to access your list members.

@Bellave_Jayaram There are several ways really, the easiest is to use an email template to generate the content and send the result to myselfโ€ฆ where i would then just copy it into the webpage sourceโ€ฆ

Fact is I was really trying to understand this one function betterโ€ฆ External: open a file.

and see if I could use that to do the same job.

I just played around with External: open a file action; it seems to work similar to File column type where you need to publicly share the file, and use its URL as a link; the only difference is that it will be displayed as an action button.

Actually it seems even more limited than File column type; I was not able to make it work with file name reference inside Google Drive as you could with image and file columns. It only worked using a URL of publicly shared file.

Hi John, did you ever manage to resolve your issue, if so how, as I have a similar query?

Top Labels in this Space