I have a table 'project" which refers to tabl...

I have a table 'project" which refers to table “task”. I also created ProjectView using project data. Column order set as ‘project description’ and ‘project tasks’. When this view is seen I dont find the order of original tasks table( which in excel sheet is “Task Description,start Date,Expected finish date,Quantity, Unit Rate, Rs/unit,Budget,project,Quantity completed”

What I see is “Start Date Expected finish date” which is not desirable.

What can be done to get the same order of columns as it exists in source excel sheet?

I am attaching screen-shot

0 11 372
11 REPLIES 11

Check the system generated view like Tasks_Inline and set the column order from there.

@Aleksi_Alkio I have set the desired order of column & headings are appearing as expected except for Task Description.Instead of Task Description as a heading I can see Delete(or Trash) icon.

Screen-shot posted.

What can be additionally done here so that a Delete icon appears alongside each row? I want the user to be able to delete any of these rows.

Any way out please?

Is it okay if I open your app and check the reason? For doing that, I need your account ID number and the app name.

@Aleksi_Alkio Please access BuildSmart5-213475

Translate

May I ask what is the purpose that when you open the task, you want to open the project record instead of task’s details?

The reason for this “delete” icon is this… you have added an option “Attach to column” in a form view definition and you have chosen the column “Task description” for that purpose. Remove this option and it should show you the Description field as well.

@Aleksi_Alkio Can understand what am I to do now but can’t find

that thing?

Your system action “Delete” for task table has this option “Attach to column”. Remove that option and it will work.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks a lot. This makes the view as I want.Thank you very much.

Top Labels in this Space