I have a table which captures details of an e...

I have a table which captures details of an employees login,logout,start of lunch break and end of lunch break . The table is as follows

Timestamp EmployeeDetails

Action 11/19/2018 12:59:44 Vallabhan C S Check In 11/19/2018 12:59:51 Vallabhan C S Check Out 11/20/2018 11:03:25 Vallabhan C S Check In 11/20/2018 11:03:32 Vallabhan C S Break 11/20/2018 11:03:42 Vallabhan C S Get In 11/20/2018 17:29:26 Vallabhan C S Check Out 11/20/2018 17:43:33 Vallabhan C S Check In

So each employee will have multiple records. I have

multiple views.I would like to hide all the views except the login view until the employee is logged in.

Once he logs out they should be

hidden again . I need an expression which would let me pick up the latest โ€œActionโ€ against the user .

Is it possible for me to

place that expression in the user settings as a new record ?

0 4 370
4 REPLIES 4

I think the easiest could be adding Show_If formula for each view in your app; NOT(ISBLANK(USEREMAIL()))

I am not sure as we are expecting a scenario in which the user is always logged in into the application.We want it to be based on the details in the above table and not the inbuilt usersettings that are captured when someone logs in Using appsheet.

@Sailaja_Nimushakavi Sorry for misunderstanding. Then; I would write a formula for Show_If of other views. A formula that will check if the user logged into the app has โ€œemployees login logoutโ€ data row for today or not.

I am having problem in the

formulating the expression I am able to get the latest record for the user using the below expression

MAXROW(LogRecords,Timestamp, [EmployeeDetails] = USERSETTINGS(Uname)

I need to be able to get the record pointed to by this reference . If the condition were to be

placed at column level the syntax would be

[Most Recent Record].[Action]

where the above expression would be placed in a virtual column by name Most Recent Record.

However this is to be used in show if section of the UX tab . How do I do it?

Top Labels in this Space