I have a table with DateTime-timestamped rows...

I have a table with DateTime-timestamped rows. In a table view, I want the row grouped by date and only the time listed for each row, so I created a virtual column for the date and another for the time. The VCs allow me to display the table view as I want. But, those 2 VCs also appear in the form view when editing a row, which I donโ€™t want. If I mark the VCs as Hidden or hide them with Show_If, their values donโ€™t appear in the table view, which is bad. How can I hide these columns in a form view?

0 9 372
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

The big sticking point is I canโ€™t find a way to change the behavior of the + button in the table view. Since the table view must use the table with the VCs, the + button thereon then opens a form for that table and exposes the VCs.

There is a setting somewhere that has an option to show if universallyโ€ฆ You might want to play with that

@Grant_Stead I keep that option enabled normally. The problem is that if I use Show_If to hide the VCs, it also hides them in the table view. I created the VCs to use in the table view. Hence my delima.

I get the same issue all the timeโ€ฆ It takes a lot of work and playing with it and compromise to get it to layout how you wantโ€ฆ Same issue with formatting, maybe you want it green and bold in the table view, but not in the detail viewโ€ฆ So then you have to make all of these VCsโ€ฆ

John_Gardner
Participant III

@Steven_Coile If you turn off the โ€œshow if universalโ€ setting, they wonโ€™t show in your form view, but will show in your table view. If this setting is turned off, Iโ€™m pretty sure it only applies to the form view.

This sounds like what you are looking for.

@John_Gardner Unfortunately, I use Show_If extensively outside of forms.

@John_Gardner You have prompted me to think in a different direction, though! Thanks!

Steven Iโ€™m trying to do the same.

If you got it to work, would you be able to share how you did it.

@Dave_Anderson I will! Unfortunately, the direction John inspired didnโ€™t work out, so Iโ€™m still looking for a solution.

Top Labels in this Space