I have a task management app. I would like to

I have a task management app. I would like to add a view that allows me to do a “pomodorro” which is a timer in which I can “consume” my tasks, and be prompted to take a regular break between focus sessions. -Is there a way to implement a countdown timer in appsheet? -Is there a way to trigger a system sound via that timer? -Could this be added to you feature request list if it isn’t there? -And if it is, what might be the timeframe on that feature?

Thanks for an awesome app David.

Status Open
2 9 960
9 Comments
pravse
Staff

David, I was putting together a 2018 feature list today, and timers are already on the list. Don’t yet have a timeframe for it though.

David_Ackling-J

Thanks Dinh!

Harry2

@David_Ackling-Jones Hi David, I’m afraid there is currently no countdown timer in AppSheet. Also, it is not possible to trigger any system sound using AppSheet. The closest thing that we have is a scheduled report. You can use a scheduled report to send messages at regular time intervals, or at specific dates stored in the app’s data, as described in this article:

help.appsheet.com - Trigger scheduled reports on specific dates in the app

We will certainly take your suggestions into consideration when planning future development. However, since we still have a rather long development to-do list, I’m afraid I can’t give you a definite timeline. Trigger scheduled reports on specific dates in the app help.appsheet.com

Christian_Nere1

Hi Praveen
Are we getting close?

Ed_Williams

Hi - yes an update would be v useful - Im tying to create a powernap app - user selects nap time e.g. 20 mins after-which a sound file is triggered to wake up the ‘napper’

If not yet achievable any ideas to a workaround would be most welcome

Thanks

Edward

Jonathan_S

Also looking for this timer issue. Seems like its being requested for a long time.

Jonathan_S

anything on this yet?

ismaileyilik

This request is still up to date. Please take this into consideration. Thank you.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager