I have a timesheet app which various staff us...

I have a timesheet app which various staff use to log hours, plant and materials.

Different kinds of staff will see different columns or column descriptions to make it clearer to use.

I want all truck drivers to see something different to laborers. To achieve this I currently alter individual columnsโ€™ โ€˜show ifโ€™ formulas and list all the names of truck drivers.

Instead, I want to have a reference list of โ€˜Truck Driversโ€™ in a spreadsheet and have appropriate columnsโ€™ formulas reference that list, so I only have to type a new employeeโ€™s name in one place as opposed to going through every single formula.

Can someone teach me how to do this, if itโ€™s possible?

Thanks in advance.

0 3 349
3 REPLIES 3

Create a stuff table with email address and role (and other fields if needed). Then you can read the role for your Show_If like LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),Stuff,Email,Role)=โ€œTruck Driverโ€

Thanks, Aleksi. This is what Iโ€™m wanting but it doesnโ€™t seem to be working. For example, I have a formula: =IF(Lookup([Name],Staff,Name,Role)=โ€œTruck Driverโ€,โ€œHow many activity codes carted to/worked on today?โ€,โ€œNumber of job types worked on todayโ€) I have also made a table called Staff and added it to the tables in the app with columns โ€˜Nameโ€™ and โ€˜Roleโ€™ (see below)

However, it doesnโ€™t seem to acknowledge the names Iโ€™ve put down as truck drivers. Any idea why?

Instead of using [Name], you should use [_THISROW].[Name]

Top Labels in this Space