I have a view based on a google sheet. The fo...

(Calvin Lindsay) #1

I have a view based on a google sheet. The formulae in that sheet changes the data displayed based on the date. The view should have updated today but didn’t even after syncing. I had to log out of appsheet and back in for the data to display correctly. Is there a setting I can change to address this?

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

It should work correctly with the sync. What device your were using when you noticed this?

(Calvin Lindsay) #3

Samsung S7 edge. I have had similar issues in the past with a different appsheet app I created.

(Aleksi Alkio) #4

I have noticed this kind of behavior couple of times in the past but not within few months. If I remember correctly I needed to sync it more than few times and the problem was gone. Have you tested is it working correctly with the desktop browser?

(Calvin Lindsay) #5

I will check again tomorrow as the data will next change then and try pressing refresh multiple times.

Yes, it’s working in the desktop browser.

#6

I dont know if this will help at all but I recently had to reset the date time on my S7 and It didnt really stick until I restarted my phone. The App was getting the correct Date/Time column

but the date was a day out in my date column.

(Calvin Lindsay) #7

I tested again this morning and the same error occurs - it is still displaying the old data on my phone: S7 Edge: old (incorrect) data Spreadsheet: new (correct) data Appsheet in web browser: new (correct) data

I have had this issue in the past on multiple devices (not just limited to my s7 edge). In the past with other apps I have just worked around it by logging out and back in to the app but I have a number of users using this app so need to fix it.

(Aleksi Alkio) #8

Would you please send me an email so we can check the issue maybe quicker. alkio.aleksi@gmail.com

(Praveen Seshadri (AppSheet)) #9

You might check if delta sync is enabled for your app (Behavior -> Sync). If so, turn it off. Delta sync is based on checking the file modified timestamp of the sheet, so in this case, it is going to think the device has the latest data, whereas it really does not.

(Calvin Lindsay) #10

That fixed it -thanks!