I have a View that is set to appear when the ...

(Kirk Masden) #1

I have a View that is set to appear when the app is started but has ceased to work recently.

It’s a simple view that features a randomly generated image, randomly generated “motivational quote,” and some stats about the the project in progress.

It has worked perfectly until yesterday, when I first noticed that it wasn’t working on a student’s copy of the app.

Then, it stopped working for me on my copy of the same app.

All of the columns in the table have “conditions” that determine whether or not that column is to be displayed.

When I check / test the conditions, the test shows “O total rows.”

No rows being read into the app means nothing to display – which seems to be why I get an empty welcoming page (a [no entries] message).

A copy of the app (Kankaku V3) is available at

https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/230844

Could someone at AppSheet look into this?

Again, just so there is no confusion, this welcome page has been working perfectly for almost a year (since I started it) but now has suddenly stopped working on multiple copies of the same app.

Accordingly, I think this must be due to some sort of change on the AppSheet side.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The rest of my app, which has many views, is working fine.

There seems to be something special about this view that is suddenly causing a problem.

(Kirk Masden) #2

Also, the problem occurs regardless of platform – computer, iOS, or Android.

(Kirk Masden) #3

I was able to resolve the problem on my own. The solution was to make all of the columns “read only” (the attached image shows the settings before making the necessary changes).

Indeed, these are all columns that were only intended for display and were not to be edited so setting them to “read only” makes sense.

The weird thing is that this had not caused a problem until very, very recently.

Another weird thing is that the table was not reading any of the rows in (see image showing

the “1 to 0 of 0 total rows”).

All of this is new.

I’m happy with the solution but find it frustrating when something works one day but stops working the next.