I have a virtual field that returns the day o...

I have a virtual field that returns the day of the week and date eg Sat 14 Jul. I want to group my view by this field but still have it sort in actual date order. Problem in attached image. Can anyone help please?

0 13 468
13 REPLIES 13

Add a virtual column which is the number of days since 1/1/2018 or whatever and sort by that column.

@Bellave_Jayaram The problem is that I want to show the group headings as Monday 16 July but sort groups (not within groups) by the real date. In my pic you can see that is sorting by group heading alphabetically. M(on) S(at) T(ue)

@Marlene_Williamson1 then you need to create the format by yourself. Likeโ€ฆ CONCATENATE(DAY([Start]),"/",MONTH([Start]),"/",YEAR([Start]),โ€ฆ

@Aaron_Dahl normally there are few reasons. The field is hidden, the Show_If is hiding that field or you are using a slice without that field.

Today, without me changing anything and 48 hours after trying the formula it is showing correctly on devices (although not on the preview screen in Chrome on my Windows 10 PC). But I will also experiment with your example formula @Aleksi_Alkio thank you

If your column type is date, it should do that automatically. If itโ€™s not doing that, itโ€™s a small bug. If you use normal format, is it working then?

My virtual field is necessarily text because I had to concatenate ifs and spaces to get it to read Eg Sat 14 July. I have changed my formula to put date first then some spaces then the weekday which is a workaround, except that the dates insist on presenting in US format. Excel file in Dropbox. Browser and Android language settings correctly set to English (New Zeakand=

This is know issue with the grouping and there is no solution for this at this moment. IF you would like to see the correct order, you should have the format like 2018/07/14 Sat July. You can vote that request from the www.appsheet.com/feature-requests.

@Aleksi_Alkio thankyou. Do you have any suggestions to fix the display of my concatenate field in US format? It is sorting in the correct order but showing

as 7/14/2018 Saturday and I need to see it as 14/7/2018 Saturday. Which is concatenate date field and ifs to get the weekday word.

Try to read the format first with TEXT([Date]) and see if that helps enough.

This is my formula =concatenate(TEXT([Start]),".

.",

IFS( WEEKDAY([Start])=1,โ€œSundayโ€, WEEKDAY([Start])=2,โ€œMondayโ€, WEEKDAY([Start])=3,โ€œTuesdayโ€, WEEKDAY([Start])=4,โ€œWednesdayโ€, WEEKDAY([Start])=5,โ€œThursdayโ€, WEEKDAY([Start])=6,โ€œFridayโ€, WEEKDAY([Start])=7,โ€œSaturdayโ€ ) ) The Text portion doesnโ€™t make any difference. the date field [Start] is showing correctly as itself. as 15/7/18

Iโ€™m doing the same thing. I have a virtual column with the same formula (slightly different formatting) for a time tracking app. This formula is set up as a Virtual Column, but this Virtual Column is not showing up in the โ€œGroup Byโ€ area of my UX. I am able to group by date, but some users may be completing time entries from earlier in the week and they need to have the weekday as part of the header.

Does anyone have any suggestions why it would not be appearing?

and the Group By list

Top Labels in this Space