I have a workflow rule to send an email when ...

ktv

I have a workflow rule to send an email when a record is added. The email sends to my individual user accounts (G Suite for Education) but not to my group emails. I checked the access settings on the group to make sure it was set to allow posts from everyone/public and called G Suite support - they say the email isnโ€™t hitting their servers.

What did I miss?

0 11 465
11 REPLIES 11

@ktv

If you provide the following information, I can check the outgoing workflow email log.

1. Your account id 2. The app name 3. The workflow rule name 4. The date and time from the Audit History when the rule last fired

If your app is in prototype mode, all mails will be sent to the app creator

https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-sending-email/sending-email-from-a-workflow-rule-or-sche... Sending Email from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report help.appsheet.com

ktv

Thanks @Sdfaheemuddin. My app is deployed though.

ktv

The google support tech was stumped and about to elevate the case but I was able to send the email to the group successfully by using the alias test email (Google Admin Console > Groups > [your group] > Alias). Iโ€™m still not sure what the problem is but itโ€™s working.

ktv

Any other ideas @Sdfaheemuddin?

ktv

The Audit Log shows that the workflow rule condition was matched and the email was sent to an email in the BCC field thatโ€™s outside of my domain but was not sent to the group email in the Emailto field.

I have another app that uses similar rules and it sends emails to other group emails I have set up.

Did you check TO field. Itโ€™s your mail or something like [Emailcolumn]

ktv

Yes. So I just tested using one of my other group emails and it works. Itโ€™s just not sending it to a specific address for some reason. Google says itโ€™s not on their end but it seems like it is.

Iโ€™ll do some more digging with them to see if they missed something. Thank you for your help.

ktv

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

1. 49843 2. Deanโ€™s Referral 3. Grade 8 Referral 4. 9/25/2018 4:33:08 PM (12:33:08 PM EST)

ktv

(fyi tried again at 9/25/2018 5:11:02 PM)

@ktv

The email is being sent to the group email address but it is being rejected by that email server.

I have sent you a private email with the exact response returned by the email server.

Top Labels in this Space