I have an app based on the Consultant templat...

I have an app based on the Consultant template app in the appsheet gallery. My Timetrack table has a required unique reference to the RowID key column of my Google Calendar table. Timetrack acts as a wrapper on the Calendar entry. When I create a

newTimetrack record, I create a new calendar entry in Appsheet and Appsheet assigns an 8 digit UniqueID() to the ROWID key in the new calendar entryโ€“so far so good. When the app syncs, Google Calendar creates an entirely new ROWID (with a lot more than 8 characters), which overwrites the ROWID. This breaks the reference to my Timetrack record. So each time, I then need to reopen the Timetrack Record, and re-select the Calendar Entry, and re-save the Timetrack Recordโ€“this repairs the reference. Is there a way to

avoid this?

0 5 344
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for

+1ing this @Stephen_Mattison. It would be great to sort this one out for my team.

@David_Ackling-Jones I have a similar but much more simplified problem in my order and inventory apps. I use a key of clients name and OrderID number combined and when that runs through to my order detail, I have to use a formula in a Virtual Column to pull out just the OrderID number so that Order Detail can be Refed back to the proper OrderID. In my Order Detail, I have a column [ShortOrder] with an Initial Value of =[ShortOrderVC] and it all works perfectly!

Ah, I think I see what you are talking about, Iโ€™'ll give this a go. Iโ€™ll be your best friend if it does work.

Nup. When the Calendar key is changed by Google Calendar after sync, the Timetrack record is no longer able to access any of the properties of the Calendar recordโ€“the [Calendar RowID VC] is no longer able to be pulled in to the Timetrack record that depends on it. We can still be friends though, Stephen.

Thanks @Stephen_Mattison for the suggestion. Hoping @Aleksi_Alkio might have a suggestion?

Top Labels in this Space