I have an app that is used almost exclusively...

I have an app that is used almost exclusively by office staff in a browser (as opposed to mobile).

The app is asking if it can use the users location so frequently that they find it irritating.

Is it possible to turn that off for the app within the app definition?

0 5 406
5 REPLIES 5

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

@Simon_Adcock If your app uses any location feature it should ask the user to use their location the first time they open the app. Which browser are you using? Are you running the app in incognito mode?

@Gil_Littman_AppSheet Not sure which browser as its one of my clients.

The app doesnโ€™t currently use any location features so if its possible to turn them off I will. Not sure what incognito mode is

@Simon_Adcock Are you sure youโ€™re not using any location features? Do you have any HERE() function in your app? Or any maps? Is it possible to ask your client which browser is he using? That would help me investigate this issue. Incognito is the browserโ€™s privacy mode, where it doesnโ€™t save things like browsing history. Have different names in different browsers.

@Gil_Littman_AppSheet Hi Gil, Heโ€™s on leave for a week or two but yes, will ask. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™m using HERE(), and there are no maps in the app he is using - there is another app using the same data which has maps, so there are lat-long columns being referenced, however this app is not doing anything with them.

Are you suggesting that if I turn off show for lat-long it will stop asking?

Top Labels in this Space