I have an app that uses a hierarchy of tables...

I have an app that uses a hierarchy of tables with ref fields set to “AsPartOf.”

My question is, if I update the record in the top table, why does it not reflect the change in all referenced fields in the records owned by that top record?

More Details: My top table is called Masterblock log.

The table underneath is a daughter log, ref to the masterblock log via [ID] letter.

The table underneath the daughter log, is a list of racks of daughters with storage location, ref to the daughter log via [lot#].

In my daughter log, I have a field called [QC Status], which is updated from pending to approved when the entire lot passes QC.

I’d like to update the field in the daughter log, and have the same field in each rack automatically reflect the change.

Right now, when I update the QC status in the daughter plate log, the individual rack records do not reflect the change until each individual record is edited, then it apparently re-reads the info in the table above, and updates the field.

I don’t want to have to select each record each time, that’s a ton of rows!

My app formula under each rack is [lot#].[QC Status].

In the past I used a vlookup in my background sheet, but have been trying to make the navigation in the app more functional using reference/inline tables, but this is a huge roadblock to how we want to use the app.

I’d love any ideas!

0 3 351
3 REPLIES 3

This is happening because you are using normal for that purpose. The status will change only, when you open and save it. Instead of normal column you should use virtual column for that purpose. The virtual column is calculated when you sync the app.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you!

Works perfectly now

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space