I have an app where users will have to input ...

I have an app where users will have to input their names into each entry. I would like to prevent any form of impersonation. How can I tag their names to their User account?

Is it an add-on service where I have to upgrade to a higher level plan?

0 10 844
10 REPLIES 10

You need to have at least Standard plan so you can read userโ€™s email address with the USEREMAIL() expression. When you know that, you can read (from additional user table) the correct userโ€™s name and use that if needed.

Hi Aleksi, thank you for the prompt reply, but perhaps I was not clear enough. I would like to auto-fill the NAME section of the form in my app, whenever a registered User is filling up a new entry. The auto-filled name will be tagged to each individual userโ€™s account.

Thank you

Do your users need to sign in to the app?

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes, they do.

Soโ€ฆ if you add that expression USEREMAIL() into the Tech Nameโ€™s initial value, it will fill the field automatically with the email address. Is that what you are looking for?

@Aleksi_Alkio ah yes, that is what I am looking for. Thanks alot!

@Aleksi_Alkio Would like to add on from here: Now how do I call out the new table you mentioned earlier where each email has one name? What is the expression needed? i.e. I would like to see the Techโ€™s actual name instead of email

Add a table and then read the name with LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),TableName,Email,Name)

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you Aleksi! It worked just as I wanted it to

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space