I have an Images uploading Issue, and I'd rea...

I have an Images uploading Issue, and I’d really appreciate any aid

I’m using Appsheet to create an app for building inspection. The app records building deficiencies, and a part of it users may capture photos,

which I later like to present within a form, as an A4 report.

For the later goal, I’m using the autoCrat Add-on, and it’s setting forbids embedding images from Google Drive due to public hosting issues.

now the images are a crucial part of the report, and I’ve tried to overcome this problem but with no succes what so ever.

and my question is, is there any alternative for uploading photos ? say uploading to publicly hosted server or something directly from Appsheet ? or maybe a way to create an app/spreadsheet formula to convert a Google Drive Image to publicly hosted ?

This thing drives me nuts for the last two weeks, and I can’t find any solution on the web/forums/community…

0 13 2,376
13 REPLIES 13

You’re making it too complicated by trying to integrate Autocrat.

Why not just use the Workflow Email/PDF feature built into Appsheet? Should be easy!

It handles photos with no problems.

You might need to set up a Format Rule to adjust the size of Images in your WF.

Several AS Sample Apps will help you see how to set this up.

Here’s a copy of one of my WF Invoice PDF.

Your Inspection Report could work the same.

My JobLog has 10 Pre & 10 Post photos, I only send the first of each to the Invoice.

I have a Format Rule set up to make the size of my WF Images Medium. Carpet Chemist Invoice PDF.pdf drive.google.com

What do you need to do with the image in gSheet?

The add-on merge it to a Google doc file used as report. The result (the doc itself) is further edited by me.

For the merge the add-on needs the image ID, not the file path.

Unfortunately we are not able to read the image ID at this moment. You would need to write a script for that purpose.

Well, I’m using autoCrat because the workflow doesn’t fit my needs.

The data acquired by the users has to go additional manipulations that can’t be done using Appsheet, such as utilize google translate on a document (several of my contractors are chinese in my case) so I need to create the report from the speardsheet itself (and create a Google Doc from it).

@Doron_Assis

Oh, I see. I did make a translation app using Appsheet that does the translations in my Google Sheet and then displays the results in the app.

If you need a Google doc I do not know how to do that from the app but it might be possible.

@Stephen_Mattison Hi Stephen,

the WF invoice PDF you have shared is indeed a neat document creation example. Great job !

Also input that you shared on using format rules for adjusting image size is insightful. Thank you.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Hey, thanks! I love helping because I’ve been helped a lot!

HaHa!

For 25 years it used to take me 5-9 minutes each to hand write thousands of these detailed Invoices, ($0.75 each for 3 part NCR) and another chuck of time/effort/expense to deliver them.

Now,

I can do it all in about 30 seconds, and all 10X as organized as before!

Thank you Appsheet!

That’s true that you can’t create gDoc with the Appsheet. You would need to do that with scripting. Another question is where do you need gDoc… could it be just a pdf`?

We have done few projects where we send the data with the webhook and then added that data directly into a blank spreadsheet and the script has created the PDF. But that’s another way to go and not directly with Appsheet.

Hey @Aleksi_Alkio , as I said above in my comment earlier, the data has to go few more manipulations, such as translation via google translate, correcting spelling mistakes,

or deleting irrelevant data in some cases.

The autoCrat works fine with the Google speardsheet used by the app in Appsheet, the only problem is with the image link Appsheet creates.

It’s doesn’t suits the add-on. (also, it’s denotes the image’s file path in Google Drive, and I need the image ID)

I thought maybe there’s a way via a formula, to convert the file path to the image ID, but I’ve got no clue about it…

Top Labels in this Space