I have an interactive dashboard where I want ...

I have an interactive dashboard where I want to show action buttons based on the value in a currently selected column. I am currently using the expression:

CONTAINS([_THISROW].[LEASE], “Arnold”)

I want to replicate this where the quotations matches each value contained in the [LEASE] column. Currently, this is not displaying the action button, even when the value of the current row selected for the lease column = “Arnold”. Am I using the wrong expression, or just approaching this the wrong way?

0 8 403
8 REPLIES 8

Does CONTAINS([_THISROW].[LEASE], “Arnold”) work as desired?

@Steven_Coile it does not

CONTAINS([LEASE],“Arnold”) should be enough.

@Twenty_West_KC Try removing [_THISROW]., it shouldn’t be needed: CONTAINS([LEASE], “Arnold”)

@Steven_Coile I tried it that way as well but still couldn’t get the action button to show up

@Twenty_West_KC Can you give me an example of a [LEASE] value (preferably one you would expect to match with that contains() expression)?

Basically any of the [LEASE] values are text values, “Arnold”, “Barger”, “Pena”, etc.

@Twenty_West_KC Okay, so the contains() expression (without [_thisrow].) should work fine. Did you try to Test it from EXPRESSION ASSISTANT (NEW!) when entering it? That might provide some insight.

Top Labels in this Space