I have an issue with usersettings. I want to...

I have an issue with usersettings.

I want to have a setting of a specific date - always the last october, 1st .

I detected that year(today()) returns the year as number with thousand seperator and there is no possibility to inhibit that. So i used a formula in initial value as follows: =IF ( MONTH(TODAY())>9 , โ€œ10/01/โ€ & SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(YEAR(Today())),",","") , โ€œ10/01/โ€ & SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(YEAR(Today())-1),",",""))

But the seperator is different on different devices. Comma and dot are possible. This means my formula does not work.

Any idea on that?

0 4 309
4 REPLIES 4

You can use LEFT and RIGHT expressions likeโ€ฆ CONCATENATE(LEFT(TEXT(YEAR(TODAY())),1),RIGHT(TEXT(YEAR(TODAY())),3))

You can read the number much easier without the thousand separator if you use CONCATENATE instead of TEXT expression. Typing like CONCATENATE(YEAR(TODAY())) will give you result as 2018.

You can use LEFT and RIGHT expressions likeโ€ฆ CONCATENATE(LEFT(TEXT(YEAR(TODAY())),1),RIGHT(TEXT(YEAR(TODAY())),3))

You can read the number much easier without the thousand separator if you use CONCATENATE instead of TEXT expression. Typing like CONCATENATE(YEAR(TODAY())) will give you result as 2018.

I tried LEFT and RIGHT before with totally crazy results. Thats why I changed to substitute. Your tip with CONCATENATE(YEAR(TODAY())) seems to work well. I wonder what is the difference to using &. Anyway, thanks a lot

TEXT expression is meant to read also the format and thatโ€™s why your year is written like 2 018. CONCATENATE dosnโ€™t read the format, just the pure data.

Top Labels in this Space