I have around 15 columns in my spreadsheet wi...

I have around 15 columns in my spreadsheet with columns K-P only used occasionally depending on the contents of the cell in colum A of that row.

As it is now, these column headers show in my app even if thereโ€™s no data in the column itself. How can use an expression to only show these columns if thereโ€™s actually data in it for that row?

Thanks

0 10 881
10 REPLIES 10

You would have to turn off the show if universally, and then play with the show if settings

Unfortunately you canโ€™t show/hide column headers in table view with a formula. Think it like thisโ€ฆ if you have one column with values 1 or 2. How the app would know should she show the column header or not if you write the formula like [_THIS]=1.

Using the Show_If formula for form or detail view is a different story, because you are showing the data record by record.

Yes, it the detail view I need this to happen in.

As you can see from my screenshot, there are two columns at the bottom that donโ€™t contain any data. If thereโ€™s no data in the cells then I donโ€™t want these to show, it just looks untidy.

I have the โ€˜show ifโ€™ turned off globally as you advised in previous help.

I believe your fields are not totally blank. If the field is blank, the app should never show that field in detail view what ever the Show_If contains or what ever is the optionโ€™s status.

Oh right. Column โ€˜Breakโ€™ is a virtual column using the concatenate formula with a โ€˜-โ€™ as you can see. The cells the concatenate formula are linking on the sheet side have a vlookup formula in them.

Would this be why?

Correct. If you have a string โ€œ-โ€ in your cell, itโ€™s not blank and therefore itโ€™s showing the field.

Is there any expression I can use so that if the cell only contains the string โ€œ-โ€, it doesnโ€™t get displayed.

Think it in opposite wayโ€ฆ if your value is blank, donโ€™t add that โ€œ-โ€. For exampleโ€ฆ if your column has appformula like CONCATENATE([ColA],"-",[ColB]), you could write CONCATENATE([ColA],IFS(ISNOTBLANK([ColA]),"-"),[ColB])

Worked flawlessly. Thanks again.

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space