I have created three columns 'photos','video...

I have created three columns

‘photos’,‘video’ & ‘file’ to enable uploading of photo,video & files.But why file upload is not supported on smartphone though it

work well on laptop? Also ‘video’ column is always reset to read only mode and is never visible to record or upload videos? Any help will be much appreciated.

0 11 384
11 REPLIES 11

I have no idea why file upload doesn’t work on a smartphone.

As for the video column, what column type is it? Does it have an App formula or Initial value?

@Taran_Bhagat currently you can not upload videos directly through your device. You must upload them to YouTube and then put the link in.

ok.Thanks

If the file uploading doesn’t work, check your phone settings. I believe the reason is the device itself.

+Steve Coile column type is video

@Taran_Bhagat I’m going to defer to @Grant_Stead in this, as he has more experience with AppSheet’s support for media than I do.

@Aleksi_Alkio I tried to upload from my device using the link files.fm - 2018-05-15_kxnkzsyh And it is working well. Perhaps it may not be the device problem.

What could be wrong?

2018-05-15_kxnkzsyh files.fm

@Grant_Stead but why the column is reset to read only and not accessible during app execution?

+Steve Coile no app formula

intercom.help - Column Types: Diving Deeper

Video capture is not supported, it only accepts URL from public locations. Thus I haven’t messed with it much and can’t comment on how appsheet treats it… Column Types: Diving Deeper intercom.help

If you review the link I posted it also explains that file upload is only available in browser.

Top Labels in this Space