I have entries (row) which contains a lot of ...

I have entries (row) which contains a lot of field. I want to group some of them togheter. I can do it in the FORM view when entering data in the app with TABS. However, users will see the data as read only, in a TABLE view. I would like them to be able to click on the entry in the first page which will lead to a kind of table of content of that entry in a TABLE view format with the different sections (i.e. Client info, staff info, shipping info, etcโ€ฆ). Then, when this โ€œcategoryโ€ selected, it will lead to a DETAIL view of just that "category of information (i.e. Client Info: Name, Phone number, Email).

For now, the only thing I can do is when I click on the entry, it displays a DETAIL view with all the data (~30 columns).

Somebody can help me?

0 3 308
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Jean-Michel_Dumont, You may wish to take a look at sample app mentioned below.

appsheet.com - Change View on Row Selection - The app demonstrates how to dynamically change views based on row selection Change View on Row Selection - The app demonstrates how to dynamically change views based on row selection appsheet.com

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Thanks. I guess I have to create a new table with groups and slices to group my data and build โ€œview actionโ€ to each group entry that will link it to the specific slice?

Hi @Jean-Michel_Dumont , you may have column slices on existing 30 column table and call those through a main navigation menu as shown in sample app.

Top Labels in this Space