I have parent and child tables. How to I dele...

I have parent and child tables. How to I delete a parent table row, if there is no entry in child table for that particular parent entry. Fox Example: I have a parent table for Account Heads. The child table is called Transactions. Now If I want to delete one Account Head in Master Table, I need to check in Transactions table, if any entries there related to Accounts Head Table. How can I achieve this?

0 10 352
10 REPLIES 10

You could create an action button for delete and if that record doesnโ€™t have any related records, you will show the button. If you have them, hide that button.

I have a Customer table that is related to many other tables like Orders, Payment Receipts, Pickup/Drop, Logins, Purchased From, Sold To, Invoices etc... Now I want the Customer Row to get deleted only if all the related tables do not have any entry related to that customer. How to I check so many tables in one shot in the "If this condition is trueโ€.

Please let me know. Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™

But, how to disable the default delete button, which is there in top right side, if you select more than one entry?

Open the system actions and modify that delete action with the โ€œIf this condition is trueโ€.

Wowโ€ฆ Thanks lotโ€ฆYou saved my lifeโ€ฆ

Youโ€™re welcome

Just use AND to check all conditions are true

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngAND()
 Are all true?

Thanx for your quick response. Can you please give me an example of what would be the expression like? ๐Ÿ˜Š

It depends on your actual schema of tables

Its simple I have Customer Table and the linked table is Orders so what would be the expression? Please let me know...

Top Labels in this Space