I have searched community answers but couldn'...

Alper

I have searched community answers but couldn’t find an answer. I have a detail view which I am using for editing existing records. Number of records vary between 20-50 rows. In field, user will travel among points and collect data, via this detail view (they will not create new rows). But the field points are not arbitrary and after point 1, next visiting point can be pointNo34. I am looking for an easier way to switch to pointNo34 in UX, but screen sliding is not an easy way to navigate among records. I have created an enum list of above numbers, but dont know a way, how to use this list to navigate between various records.

Is there any easier way to navigate around records, other then screen sliding (assuming detail view is the right one to update records, user will take photos also, as data entry) ?

0 4 329
4 REPLIES 4

@Alper What I have understood is: 1-) You have 20-50 rows of data 2-) Users cannot add new records but they can edit the existing rows 3-) Each row of data in your sheet corresponds to a Data Point 4-) You have a Detail UX as an initial view and users swipe right/left in the slideshow mode and either edit the data and save it or use quick-edit fields to change the data in that particular row of data

is that correct?

Alper

@Levent_KULACOGLU Hi, I will do my best to clarify.

1-) I have many rows of data, but after filtering in google sheets environment (by selected date), yes, in a real (and a different) GSheet, remains 20-50 rows waiting to be filled. 2-) Users cannot add new records because I am using location-specific random HEX

codes as Key, So key field must be pre-filled manually, in GS. Therefore they will not add any record but will edit many other empty columns, with relevant data. 3-)In filtered, yes, every row is unique and corresponds to a physical location on earth 4-) Exactly.

Alper

@Levent_KULACOGLU In fact, in later stages, I will look for switching to related record by using barcode reader, this way users will be able to start editing that specific record, by reading a physical barcode, which will be my HEX number (key). But of course, I want them be able to edit any pointNo they want, when they are away from the field. Currently I cannot test this I believe,

since it require Pro sub, I am in Premium.

@Alper let me think a bit more about your case. You can contact me via levent@able3ventures.com

Top Labels in this Space