I have set up my app to send emails to specif...

I have set up my app to send emails to specific emails when I update my field from Not Received to Received.

I think I don’t have the correct Update Event choice. Right now, I have it listed as Updates only.

Would this be considered an Adds_Only?

Thanks.

0 10 348
10 REPLIES 10

even with ALLCHANGES, I can’t trigger this email.

I should have gotten an email for the McCall line because I changed it from Not Received to Received.

Seems like I might get an email if I edit the only editable field “Communication” but I don’t want that to trigger this email send off. I want to be able to control where I update in order to send the email.

@Tina_Cheng

Your workflow rule should be triggered on Update.

Your workflow rule Condition is not quite right. I have updated the documentation to make it clearer how to check the field value.

See topic “Sending Email When a Row is Updated to Have a Specific Column Value” in this article help.appsheet.com - Workflow

Once you fix your Condition expression as described in the article, you can validate that it is working by looking at Audit History as described here https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-sending-email/troubleshooting-workflow-emails

Workflow help.appsheet.com

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi thanks. So my expression would be “AND( [Gift Status]=“Received”, [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Gift Status] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Gift Status] )”

IS that correct?

The problem is this Gift Status field is not editable in my app (which seems like the only way to trigger an action vs the backend of the Google Spreadsheet).

I do not want this field to be editable for my users. I want to be the only one to edit this field from Not Received to Received.

Will this still work? How do I change the Gift Status from the App if so?

@Tina_Cheng

The expression looks right.

You might try making the “Gift Status” field editable and then adding an “Editable_If” with the condition

USEREMAIL() = "you@yourdomain.com"

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Do I put my email in quotes? or just USEREMAIL()=t_cheng@cais.org

@Tina_Cheng Thank you Philip. I think I got it to work, but I’m having another issue that I’m hoping you can help with. When I got into one of my records, I see that the Class Captain is Clara (which is correct), but then when I click further into the record, the Class CAptain says someone else and that EMAIL is being sent to for the trigger. I don’t want that of course.

I noticed that the bottom View: has a different file name than the one I want to use.

WEird.

When I started this app, I copied from another one and I think it’s referencing that one someplacE?

Top Labels in this Space